More than 34% of the people worldwide use email making it to be roughly 2.5 billion people. This number is predicted to rise to 2.8 billion email users in the next 2 years. On average, there are about 196 billion emails sent daily, and surprisingly 109 billion emails out of these are business emails. With this, you will get a brief idea about Email Marketing Specialist.
The inference that can be drawn here strongly is that Email marketing is a vibrant and powerful way to connect with people. Is there anyone in your knowledge that doesn’t have an email address? Most of you would be receiving a number of emails each week. You read them, get inspired by them, and even look forward to the next one thus making Email a big part of our lives.
Email marketing similarly is a very personal way of reaching your target audiences. customers. Messages from friends and family co-exist with official emails by sitting next to each other. Every single email can be tailored to customer behavior and response making it relevant to their interest. A steep rise in social networks hasn’t dented the spirit of email marketing, making it one of the most effective ways of communicating with your audience. It has become a core necessity for all kinds of online businesses and if executed correctly can mark a humongous success in terms of increased sales, traffic, and maximizing profits.
What is email marketing?
- An easier opportunity and means to build a community around your brand
- Get more leads and Leads get converted to sales
- Best way to get more recurring traffic
Reduce some of the risks associated with SEO algorithmic changes. It’s important cos if the email subscriber list is huge and a minor change in the SEO algorithm can have a negative impact on your traffic.
Email Marketing Tools and Marketing Automation Tools:
How does email marketing work?
Email marketing is not a complicated process but it’s a process that requires a lot of A/B testing to find out how to best communicate with the subscribers in a way that is beneficial for them and for the business goals.
A quick glance at how email marketing works:
Get Signed up for an email marketing tool: A good email marketing tool can fully automate Email marketing as a process. Using a personal email account to email hundreds of people and manually keep track of the results won’t work, so the first step is to select a stable email marketing platform.
Create an email marketing strategy: The presence of an email marketing strategy in place before running any campaigns will be helpful in deciding how this campaign will be useful in conjunction with existing campaigns being run by you.
- Narrow down the choice of email marketing platform by analyzing costs.
- Finalize strategies to grow an email list and induce automation for sending emails and initiating conversations with clients along with generating reports to check the effectiveness of email campaigns.
Build and grow your email list: Successful email requires a BIG list of active subscribers. It’s not about just adding random people to your list but people who manually registered to receive your emails. The best ways to increase this would be as follows;
Great Content: Great content will act as a magnet and pull in the client registration
Incentives: Freebies like trial offers, and other ‘gifts can attract client sign-up and increase the email list.
Easy Subscription methods: Correct positioning of the Sign-Up button on web and mobile apps can lead to quicker sign-ups.
Setup automation tasks: Getting the entire process automated is one of the key milestones of email marketing.
The most common email automation tasks are:
- Welcome emails –welcome email to users upon subscription sign-up.
- Email campaigns –campaign emails for commercial engagement.
- Abandon cart emails –emails to shoppers/visitors who added a product to their shopping cart but did not checkout
- Cross-selling / Up-selling – Suggest products to customers based on their purchase/search history
- Review/Feedback forms – Requesting feedback from customers who have completed a purchase
Regularly clean up your email lists: It is normal to have a lot of inactive subscribers to your list and hence the list should be cleaned up and updated regularly. Emails being opened by a smaller audience means nothing to the business, however, emails that get opened by the majority of recipients, help the overall performance of the campaign. One of the ways to minimize costs and increase the quality of your list is to occasionally remove inactive subscribers from the list.
Also read : MailChimp vs Getresponse
Also read : ActiveCampaign vs GetResponse
Why is email marketing important?
- Email is used by 50% of the World’s population: Email is by far the most commonly used communication tool in the World. There are more than 4 billion active email accounts, 99% of email users check their email at least once per day, and many of them multiple times per day. So, emails have higher ROI and greater engagement than any other medium, thus making them a perfect medium for digital marketing campaigns.
- You ‘own’ your audience: Unlike your Facebook or Twitter followers that are owned by those companies, your email list is an asset to your company, and you don’t have to share this with anyone, you actually end up owning it.
- You can communicate directly with your subscribers: Email marketing offers you a direct channel of personalized communication and can be used to initiate a one-to-one conversation with your potential clients without having to pay advertising fees to Facebook or relying on their algorithms.
So yes… Email marketing is a vital component for many global businesses, especially for those wanting to create strong customer-firm relationships. If used well, it will definitely bump up your company’s success.